If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what is the best BiPAP machine then I’d recommend the ResMed AirCurve 10 as the best one.
Choosing a first or new BiPAP machine is not an easy task. Perhaps you are wondering what the difference is between a BiPAP and CPAP machine. In this guide we will help you answer all questions you might have so you can make the right choice!
Here are the BiPap machines we’ll be reviewing:
The 3 best BiPAP Machines
1. ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
When you think of top level PAP devices, you will immediately think of ResMed. So does the ResMed AirCurve 10 further cement this reputation. Well, in a word, yes!
What we like
This BiPap machine has so many features and design assets, it was a clear choice for the top of our list.
- It features Bluetooth connectivity, meaning you can sync and download data for easy and clear analysis of your stats.
- It has a very clever leak management system called Vsync allowing for optimum levels of treatment through the night.
- It is so easy to use! So much of the very intelligent design and software us a breeze to get your head around. The humidifier system is fully integrated and the climate control has a brilliant auto setting allowing for almost immediate comfort.
- Adding to the great efficiency of treatment is the hose with a 360-degree range of movement; more room to move freely means less chance of a break in the seal. It also makes for a much more comfortable, and much less restrained, night of sleep. For many sleep apnea patients, this is a huge deal as PAP treatment can create feelings of claustrophobia.
- It also has an even more compact design than its predecessor, the S9. A very sleek and neat design means more room on your bedside table. It also means travel with the AirCurve 10 is very straightforward, especially when you consider the free travel case.
What we don’t like
- You know what we don’t like? How predictable our reviews of ResMed PAP machines are becoming! We’re almost crying out for one of them to be a bit poor so that we can write something less complimentary for once!
Arguably the best BiPAP machine your money could buy. Everyone’s specific requirements are different, so be sure to do your own research. But you would need a very good reason to venture too far from the ResMed AirCurve 10.
2. Philips Respironics Dreamstation BiPAP Auto
The most recent addition to the Respironics Dreamstation BiPAP range, and arguably the best yet. Along with ResMed, Philips Respironics are a pacesetter in PAP treatment.
What we like
- This thing looks awesome. A really sleek design that will enhance your nightstand rather than looking like the piece of medical equipment that it actually is.
- The LCD screen has been enlarged compared to previous models, adding to the very user-friendly interface.
- The noise has been reduced also. The Dreamstation was never close to being noisy, but it is certainly now very quiet!
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow for an easy exchange of data for analysis.
- It is so wonderfully easy to set up and operate. In a way that it’s possible to use an iPad without any real guidance thanks to its logical and obvious design, the Dreamstation will be a straightforward experience.
What we don’t like
- Too many frills: Traditionally the Dreamstation has been a high-end product but with a focus on doing the basics extremely well. This model has an unusually high level of features and add-ons, which might put-off the Dreamstation traditionalists. However, those features are so easy to use and their purpose has been presented so clearly, you will probably be delighted with all the new toys it brings.
A quality BiPAP machine that will provide you with an incredibly high level of treatment with an incredibly low level of fuss.
3. DeVillbis IntelliPAP Bilevel S
A great BiPAP for users that require high-pressure treatment.
What we like
- High pressure. This BiPAP is particularly comfortable when administering high-pressure treatment. It boasts a pressure range of 3-25 cm and delta up to 22 cm H2O. It has the pressure ramp feature though, so these high-pressure settings are gradually built up to enable you to fall asleep before the treatment really kicks in.
- It’s a breeze! Despite being able to operate at very high pressures, the DeVilbiss IntelliPAP is incredibly comfortable. Their patented Flow Rounding technology allows for very smooth and gentle treatment even when at these high-pressure settings. So you don’t have to compromise a relaxing night of sleep in order to receive the BiPAP therapy you need.
- Did you hear something? Well if you did, it probably wasn’t this BiPAP machine! It is incredibly quiet, especially when you consider the levels of pressure it can operate under. Some have described it as whisper quiet. Great news for both you and your bed companion.
- Small and compact. Because of the high-pressure settings we have flagged up, you may have imagined a machine that’s huge in size? Well think again! It is remarkably small and compact, which is great for traveling and also great for the amount of room you have on your bedside table.
What we don’t like
- It ain’t pretty. If you want a BiPAP machine that will fit in nicely next to your iPad and trendy night lamp, this may not be the one for you. It does look a bit medical. Which of course it is though! So if you’re not fussed for your BiPAP machine to look good whilst it dishes out top-level treatment, this minor downside won’t be an issue.
An incredibly good BiPAP machine that proves you don’t have to stick to the top 2 big names in the industry to get great sleep apnea treatment.
Why use a BiPAP machine versus a CPAP machine?
If you’ve found this article, you are more than likely on the lookout for one of the best BiPAP machines. Or at the least, you may want to know more about BiPAP machines over the more regularly used CPAP machines. There are a variety of cases in which the use of a BiPAP machine over a traditional CPAP machine is highly suggested and preferred. Such reasons include:
1. Exhalation Discomfort: The most common reason for the use of a BiPAP over a CPAP is that you are experiencing discomfort during expiration or having trouble expiring all together due the excessive pressure. As a lower pressure is applied during exhalation, also known as epap (expiratory pressure), relative to the required pressure during inhalation, also known as ipap (inspiratory pressure), you are able to experience a much more comfortable and effective form of treatment. When you are comfortable with you PAP therapy, you are far more likely to easily and quickly adjust to your treatment as well as use such treatment on a consistent basis. That is why it is important to consider using a BiPAP if you are experiencing discomfort using a CPAP.
2. Central Sleep Apnea: You may have central sleep apnea. Central sleep apnea patients are known to respond better to BiPAP over CPAP therapy.
3. Other Respiratory Condition: If you have some kind of ventilatory impairment such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (CPOD) or an Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome, a bilevel therapy would be more effective.
How The Best BiPAP Machine Was Determined
Sleep apnea and other sleep disorders can be very frustrating to deal with. They can cause exhaustion not only from the lack of sleep due to sleep disturbances but due to finding the right sleep apnea treatment that works for them.
While there are many BiPAP Machines out there for this type of treatment, not every machine will work the same for every patient who is diagnosed with sleep apnea. Each BiPAP Machine has its own specifications and features that provide a different benefit for each patient and may change due to the sleep issues at hand. Over the course of my sleep apnea treatments, I have had to use many different machines for my treatments and these included both BiPAP and CPAP Machines.
While many people would get irritated with having to use many different machines to find the most effective treatment for their sleep issues, I find myself lucky to be able to experience the use of many different machines as this has provided me with the knowledge necessary to share these Best BiPAP Machines reviews with everyone experiencing their own sleep apnea treatments.
The top 3 in this list are truly the best bipap machines of 2020 and choosing between the 3 really comes down to your personal needs and preferences. Now, without further delay, let’s find out what is the best BiPAP machine for you!
Best BiPAP Machines Conclusion
There are a lot of BiPAP machines that didn’t make the cut. It is important to remember that not every BiPAP Machine will work the same for every patient who has been diagnosed with sleep apnea, other sleep disorders or sleep disturbances. However, through all of my BiPAP reviews I would have to say that the above 3 mentioned BiPAP Machines are among the best out there in treating sleep apnea and other sleep issues as well.
Sleep apnea treatment shouldn’t be uncomfortable. It also shouldn’t be something to fear or be irritated by. And it certainly shouldn’t only make a small bit of difference. Correctly diagnosed and correctly treated, you will feel the benefits in so many wonderful ways. So spend your hard earned dollars wisely! Some other articles that might be helpful for you include my article on the best CPAP masks, best masks for side sleepers and my article on my favorite CPAP machines!